Terms & Conditions
By accessing and utilizing this website (referred to as the “Website”), you (whether as an individual or as a representative of an entity or organization) enter into a binding agreement with PAVIA & HARCOURT LLP (“P&H,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) based on the following Terms & Conditions. These terms and conditions govern your usage of the Website.
1. Acceptance of the Terms & Conditions
BY UTILIZING THE WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS SET FORTH AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM. If you do not comprehend or consent to these terms, please refrain from accessing or using the Website and exit immediately. If you are entering into these terms on behalf of an entity (such as a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership) within the scope of your employment or contractual agreement, (a) you affirm that you possess the authority to bind said entity to these terms, and (b) “you,” as referenced in these terms, encompasses both you and the aforementioned entity.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms & Conditions at any time. In the case of significant revisions, we will make efforts to notify you of such changes (e.g., through an alert on the website for a period of time). The determination of what constitutes a material change will be at our discretion. By continuing to access or use our website after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree with the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the website.
4. Intellectual Property
The intellectual property present on the website is owned by P&H and its licensors. It is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States. Subject to these Terms & Conditions, P&H grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, and personal license to access, view, download, and print information on the website for noncommercial and informational purposes only (without the right to modify). You may not remove or obscure any copyright or permission notices provided on the website materials. This license does not extend to our trademarks, and you may not use them without our prior written consent. This includes the words “Pavia & Harcourt” and the P&H logos, which are our trademarks. If you provide any user content, you grant P&H a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, and display the user content for operating the website and P&H’s internal business purposes. You retain your rights in the user content.
5. Usage Restrictions
When accessing information from our website, you are prohibited from engaging in the following activities:
- using spiders, robots, avatars, intelligent agents, or any other means of extraction or navigation search, except for employing a standard web browser;
- aggregating, copying, or duplicating any materials or information from the website, except as otherwise permitted in these Terms & Conditions;
- accessing data that is not intended for your use.
By accessing our website, you agree to the following terms:
- You affirm and warrant that you are legally authorized to accept these Terms & Conditions and utilize the website.
- You affirm and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
- You must comply with all federal, state, and local laws of the locations from which you access the website.
- You are solely responsible for any data, text, links, video files, photos, or other content that you transmit through the website or via email (referred to as “User Content”).
- You must not transmit worms, viruses, or any malicious code to P&H, other users, or the website.
- You must not engage in the abuse, harassment, threats, harm, or impersonation of other users, clients, attorneys, or employees of P&H.
- You must not attempt to violate or bypass any security measures implemented on the website.
- All content, information, and links presented on the website are for informational purposes only and are subject to change. Except as expressly provided in these Terms & Conditions, any reproduction, display, or dissemination of information or content from this website is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, download, repost, copy, or use such information or content, whether in whole or in part, for commercial purposes or personal gain, without the express written permission of P&H. Any use of the website in violation of these Terms & Conditions may result in the termination or suspension of your rights to use the website.
- We reserve the right to deactivate or suspend the use of the website for any reason, and we may take legal action against you for any loss or damage incurred by P&H as a result of your violation of these Terms & Conditions.
6. Non-Legal Advice
The information provided on the Website by P&H serves as a public service and is solely intended for general informational purposes. As legal advice necessitates customization according to specific circumstances, the information presented on the Website should not be employed as a substitute for advice from qualified legal professionals. The information does not constitute legal advice, does not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of P&H, its attorneys, or clients, and cannot be guaranteed to be accurate, comprehensive, up to date (including recent legal developments), or applicable to your individual situation or jurisdiction. Due to the general nature of the information provided, it is recommended that you seek advice tailored to your specific needs from experienced and qualified legal counsel in the relevant jurisdiction and subject matter before acting upon the information provided on the Website.
7. Disclaimer of Attorney-Client Relationship
You acknowledge and agree that your use of this Website does not establish, and is not intended to establish, an attorney-client relationship between you and P&H. Similarly, transmitting electronic or physical mail to the addresses listed on the Website does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and P&H. As P&H follows specific procedures for establishing an attorney-client relationship, including the execution of a written engagement letter and conducting necessary conflict checks in accordance with applicable Bar Association rules and ethical guidelines, we kindly request that you refrain from sending us any information regarding a legal matter that may involve you via email until you have received an engagement letter from P&H.
7. Past Cases
Please note that while our website may contain information about previous cases involving P&H, it is important to understand that any references to these past results do not guarantee or predict future outcomes. Every legal matter is unique, and past performance or results do not guarantee a similar outcome in the future.
The content provided on our website has been prepared by P&H, with our primary office located at 555 Madison Ave, 11th Floor, New York, NY, 10022.
8. Additional Terms Regarding Our Attorneys
P&H practices law in the jurisdictions where our offices is situated, as well as in other jurisdictions. However, it is crucial to note that each P&H attorney is licensed to practice only in the jurisdictions specified in their respective website biographies. Unless explicitly stated, no attorney at P&H is certified or recognized as an “expert” or “specialist” by any professional or government authority overseeing the practice of law in New York or California.
As required by relevant Bar Associations, we provide the following information:
P&H’s office is located in New York. Giovanni Spinelli serves as the responsible attorney for P&H’s office.
By utilizing our website, you acknowledge that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications we send to you electronically meet all legal communication requirements, including the need for written communication. We recommend maintaining copies of electronic communications by printing or saving them. Please be aware that we are not obligated to store or grant access to any electronic communications we send to you. Additionally, we may send you promotional communications via email, such as newsletters or other relevant information. You have the option to unsubscribe from these emails at any time by following the provided instructions.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimers
The website is provided on an “as is” basis, and your access and use of the website are at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law and the rules of professional responsibility in the applicable jurisdiction, P&H disclaims:
- All conditions, representations, and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, including any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, accuracy of informational content, system integration, non-infringement of third-party rights, quiet enjoyment, and uninterrupted or error-free operation.
- All liability for any lost profits, income, business, or data, as well as any consequential, indirect, exemplary, punitive, special, or incidental damages arising from or related to the website.
- All liability arising from any decisions made based on information contained on the website, which may not be accurate, up-to-date, and subject to change at any time.
- All liability arising from your use of any third-party websites or services linked to or within the website, as P&H has no control over the content, privacy policies (if any), or practices of such third-party websites or services.
11. Governing Law; Venue
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. All legal proceedings will be brought solely in New York, NY and you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts, waiving any objection to an inconvenient forum.
- Waiver. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms & Conditions will not be considered a waiver of those rights.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions will remain in effect to the maximum extent permissible.
- Construction. The headings used in these Terms & Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal meaning or effect. Terms defined in the singular have corresponding meanings in the plural, and vice versa. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, words importing the masculine gender include the feminine and neutral genders, and vice versa. The terms “include,” “includes,” or “including” mean “including without limitation.” The words “hereof,” “hereto,” “hereby,” “herein,” “hereunder,” and similar words, when used in these Terms & Conditions, refer to the Terms & Conditions as a whole, not to any specific section or article where such words appear. The word “or” will not be construed as exclusive.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. No other person or company will be a third-party beneficiary to these Terms & Conditions.
- Assignment. You may not delegate your legal obligations or transfer any of your rights under these Terms & Conditions without our advance written consent. We may freely assign these Terms & Conditions to any party without notice or consent.